Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kindness in My Inbox


Every week day, my email inbox delivers me another good news story. Sometimes it's a too sweet story that I reject, but most times it's a story that shows me yet again, that humans can be kind and good.

If you are ever feeling cynical and stale, I suggest you visit this website, and others like it to see that we are, overall, a good species, even when some people do bad things. I truly believe this, and I wish I could do more to help those who can't see the benefits they will receive if they started being good and kind to others.

Patting a puppy or kitten will make almost every person smile. Smiling at someone will make them smile, most of the time. Most people will respond positively to something given for free. Your time and your kindness are valuable things you can give for free, and they are gifts that can give you things back - happiness, feelings of self-worth, the knowledge that you have helped someone.

I believe that the best things in life are free, and I hope to go on giving away my time, kindness and smiles throughout my life. It makes everyone involved happy, including me. You can do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment