Monday, March 29, 2010

Why I Love Hugs

On the weekend I went to the monthly poetry reading at the Prince Albert Hotel in Gawler. I went for a number of reasons: because I'm on the organising committee, because I love reading and hearing poetry, because I was announcing the winners of my poetry group's poetry competition.

But the main reason I went was because I knew my friends would be there, and I knew I would get lots of hugs. Receiving and giving hugs would have to be the most emotionally warming thing to do. A hug invites someone into your personal space and lets you into somebody else's personal space.

A hug means you care and trust the other person and a hug means all of that and more without any words being spoken. Hugs are one of my most favourite things in the world (better than chocolate!)

If have a friend who is needing love and care from you and you don't know what to say to help them, give them a hug. A hug says so much without any words needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment