Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What's This All About?

I have suffered a turn around in my life recently, when I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I had no idea that what I was suffering from, would be with me in some form for the rest of my life. But it will be, unless the experts can come up with a cure.

Some people might break down and curl up into a ball of misery when given such news, but not me. My diagnosis and the kindness that has been shown to me since I found out about it has made me happy. So many people have been so kind to me, in many ways that my faith in the goodness of my fellow human beings has been restored, over and over.

People have been kind to me, offering to drive me places, lending me a lovely walking stick, giving me advice on practical things. People has said I am brave, strong, amazing and a variety of other things. I don't feel like that, I just feel that I'm carrying on in the best way possible.

My hope is that, with this blog, I can connect with other people and help them to see the goodness in others. I do some volunteer work, and I hope that I can continue to do many things to help others.

On another of my blogs I offered to help other poets with their poems, giving feedback. I have done this on a volunteer basis, and I'm glad to do it.

I hope to continue giving back to people in many different ways, giving kind words, free smiles, and other things that can bring kindness to the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment