Monday, August 1, 2016

4 Ways to Win In Life

       Thank the others involved in your successes
Be prepared to accept blame when appropriate
Always offer sincere apologise as needed
Be grateful when things go well

These are a few thoughts that have occurred to me, in response to reading a post on Facebook concerning the idea of ‘Three things that will guarantee you do badly in life’ or something similar to that. It seemed to me looking at life in a negative way wouldn't lead to a happy life, even if it led to you being aware of the things that can go wrong.

I would always rather see the good things in life, not the bad things, even though I am certainly conscious of the possibility of bad things happening. So anyway, I'm glad I wrote my list of ways to win in life, rather ways to make yourself lose.

I have recently been involved in a successful event held in a town quite close to where I live. This event the Gawler Festival of Words, was held over three days and two nights, and much fun and learning happened. Words were spoken, films views, works written, and a train ride was had after viewing some art in an Art Gallery (Gawler Community Gallery).

There was also yummy food and drink consumed, books launched, and hugs given! I think upholding the four principles as listed about, helped in the process of making this Festival great. We (the Adelaide Plains Poets) also successfully held this event last year, and we are already planning what is going to happen at the Festival next year!

I am the leader of the team, and I sincerely thank them for all of their work getting this happening! Passionate people all working for the same cause can make wonderful things happen! We worked at 'spreading the love' by using three different venues for catering, and made sure those people involved knew how much we appreciated them.

So to the people at the P/A Hotel, the Poetic Justice Cafe Gallery and the Alchemy Cafe, all in Gawler, I thank you very much for helping to make the 2016 Gawler Festival of Words a fantastic event!

No comments:

Post a Comment